I though I share my favourite zucchini pasta recipe with you all today. Zucchini pasta (or zucchini noodles) is simply zucchini spiralized in a way that resemble pasta. Zucchini pasta is a good way to enjoy the feeling of eating pasta without loading up on calories. I prepare zucchini pasta as much the same way as I would with regular pasta, and top it with pesto or tomato sauce and fresh vegetables. I tend to prepare the zucchini pasta differently depending on the season. Since it’s summer right now, I usually prefer to eat the zucchini noodles raw. In the winter, when I crave hot food, I tend to boil them in water for a few minutes. This zucchini pasta with butternut squash and mushrooms is both a naturally gluten-free and vegan option and it’s so delicious!!
Serves approximately 4
1 butternut squash
250 gram mushrooms
250 gram cheery tomatoes
¾ cup chickpeas ( precooked).
pesto ( green or red whatever you prefer).
1) Preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
2) Spiralize your zucchini using your machines instructions. Place the pasta a large bowl.
3) Peel and cut the butternut squash in pieces. Place the butternut squash on a tray and drizzle with olive oil and salt.
4) Cook until the butternut squash is tender and lightly browned ( for about 35-40 minutes).
3) Chop the mushrooms. Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook to golden.
4) Mix the zucchini pasta with pesto and blend the chickpeas, tomatoes, butternut squash and mushrooms.
I hope you like it