Despite a rainy summer this year, the weather has been so nice and sunny in Oslo lately, which makes me crave fresh summer salads. Pasta salad is a favourite summer dish. You can serve this salad with any type of pasta. When I cook I tend to use various types of gluten free pasta (e.g., buckwheat pasta) or spiralized vegetable pasta (e.g zucchini, cucumber). The pasta used in this recipe, edame bean pasta, is a new favourite- made from dried edam beans and is therefore both naturally vegan and gluten free. Ripe tomatoes, fresh herb and mozzarella, with so many amazing ingredients this salad cannot be anything else but delicious. For a vegan option simply leave out the mozzarella, the salad is still so delicious.
( Serves 4).
150 gram edam pasta ( or another gluten free alternative).
5 large ripe tomatoes
1 glove garlic
A handful barsil
6 sundried tomatoes.
¼ cup pine nuts
2 handfuls spinach
130 gram mozzarella (optional).
- Mince the garlic, chop the basil and tomatoes and place in a bowl.
- Chop the zucchini. Bring a saucepan with water to boil and cook the zuzzhini for a few minutes until tender.
- In another saucepan, boil the pasta for following the instructions on the package.
- Meanwhile, in a pan roast the pin nuts to golden.
- Add the pasta to the serving bowl while still hot and add the spinach.
- Top with mozzarella and pin nuts, season with salt pepper and olive oil!
I hope you like it!