So I’ve tried something new recently – quinoa fritters. I’ve wanted to make quinoa fritters for a while and am so happy I did. Quinoa fritters are perfect if you are looking for a new and creative way to use quinoa and if you have some leftover quinoa in the fridge. Although fritters can be good in a burger bun, most often I add them to a salad. These quinoa fritters are some of the best fritters I’ve ever made, prepared with spinach, carrot, shallot, garlic, eggs, feta and fresh herbs. The addition of quinoa to the fritters adds a nutty crunch. These fritters are perfect for dinner and makes great leftover for lunch throughout the week. These fritters are packed with protein and fiber. This recipe is suitable for vegetarians and is gluten – free ( as long as gluten free oats are used).
( Makes 8- 10 fritters).
½ cup quinoa ( dry)
2 eggs ( beaten)
1 handful fresh parsley
1 cup finely grated carrot
1 cup spinach
¼ cup oats
¼ cup buckwheat
1 glove garlic
80 gram feta cheese
¼ tsp dry coriander
oil for cooking.
- Cook the quinoa. Place a cup of water and quinoa to a saucepan. Bring to boil and then lower the heat and cook the quinoa for about 15 minutes or until the grain unwraps itself.
- Set the quinoa aside to cool. ( NB: This is important).
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Fry the onion and garlic for a few minutes until golden.
- In a large boil place the carrots, chopped spinach, chopped, shallot, chopped garlic, chopped parsley, eggs, buckwheat, oats and feta and mix together.
- Add the quinoa and season with coriander, salt and pepper.
- Add some more flour if necessary.
- Place in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
- Take out the mixture and form 10 fritters with your hand.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add the fritter to the frying pan and fry for about 3 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve and enjoy!!
P.S – From next week I am travelling in New Zealand (The South Island) and Australia ( Sydney to Cairns) if you have any food places to recommend please comment below!! I would appreciate it very much!