You may have noticed that I love quinoa salads! As evident by my turmeric/ cumin cauliflower and sweet potato salad and my classic quinoa salad. This quinoa salad with apple, sweet potato, chioggia beets and ruccola was so good that I ended up making it for dinner two days in a row. This warm quinoa salad is prefect for autumn and winter! The sweets potatoes and chaioggia beets are so sweet and tender, while the apples and ruccola gives a nice crispiness to the salad. I was so excited with I found Chioggia Beets ( also called candy cane beets) at farmer’s marked earlier this year, is such a beautiful and tasty vegetable.This salad is so colourful and delicious, I recommend giving it a try!
2 sweet potatoes ( peeled and chopped)
2 apples ( chopped)
1 1/2 Chioggia beets ( peeled and chopped).
1/ 2 cup quinoa
2 cups ruccula
- preheat the oven to 190 degress.
- Peel and chop the sweet potato.
- Cook the sweet potatoes for about 30 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile cook the quinoa accoding to the instructions on the package. Set to cool!
- Then chop the beets. Place the slices into a bowl and toss with lemon juice (the lemon juice will help to preserve the cookout of the beets when you cook them) set aside for 10 minutes.
- Cook the beets for about 5-6 minutes or until tender but yet firm.
- In a bowl place the sweet potatoes, quinoa, apples, ruccula and beets!