Have you tried making kale chips yet? Kale chips makes a very good satisfying potato chip alternative. If you are not a fan of kale these crispy kale chips might convert you! Making your own kale chips couldn’t be easier all you need is some kale, oil and seasoning. The kale chips can get burnt quite easily so it is important to keep an eye on them for perfect results. Believe me I’ve suffered through too many batches of burned kale chips over the years. It took me a while to learn how to make perfect kale chips. It is VERY important to remove the stems and dry the kale well in order to avoid soggy kale chips!!!! For the best results it’s also important to not overcrowd the tray. I prefer seasoning the kale chips with salt and pepper but feel free to experiment with other types of seasoning such as paprika or cayenne pepper.
½ bunch of kale ( 100 gram)
1 tbsp olive oil
1) Preheat the oven to 170 degress C.
2) Wash the kale and dry very well ( this is IMPORTANT).
3) trim out the ribs and discard. Cut the remaing kale into pieces.
4) Transfer the kale to a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
5) line a large baking sheet. Lay the kale on the baking sheath.
6) Bake for about 10- 12 minutes or until crisp.
7) After 10 minutes check on the kale every minute as the kale burn easily.
8) Remove from the oven, cool for a food minutes and serve.
9) Eat the kale chips straight away 🙂