There always seems to be some recipes that are trending! Lately is seems that everybody is making brownies with vegetables such as sweet potato and beetroot, making different versions of smoothie bowls and cooking quinoa. One of the recipes that seem to have been trending for a while is raw truffles! I have seen different versions of raw truffles all over the internet! Although most food bloggers seem to recommend them I only got around to making these last week- and simply loved them. These truffles are so quick to make and perfect to cure your sweet tooth. Dates, which helps to hold these truffles together, contain iron, potassium and dietary fiber. For this recipe, you want to get your hands on Medjool dates that are plump and moist.
Ingredients: ( makes about 10 truffles)
1/3 cup cashew nuts
1/2 tbsp nut butter
1/2 tbsp desiccated coconut
1 1/2 cocoa tbsp powder (more for rolling).
1 tbsp raw honey
a pinch of salt
- Put the dates in a food processor and run until a chunky paste forms.
- Add the cashew nuts and nut butter and pulse a few more times.
- Add the coconut, cocoa powder & salt and pulse a few more times.
- The mixture should be a little bit crumbly. When you press the mixture between your fingers it should stick together.
- If it is too dry add some more nut butter or water.
- Form into 10 balls and roll in raw cacao!
- Store in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving!
- Enjoy!! 🙂