In my opinion, Chili is an essential recipe during the winter.This hearty vegetarian chili includes sweet potato and black beans along with flavourful seasoning such as cumin, cinnamon and chili powder. This chili is bursting with flavour and is my favorite chili recipe at the moment. This chili is the perfect healthy weeknight meal. You can even make it and take it with you for lunch, I am sure you will make everyone jealous! I’ve also added a few optional topping ideas such as avocado and coriander.Eat the chili as it is, or serve it with brown rice or quinoa.
Ingredients ( serves 4 people).
1 large sweet potato
1 can black beans approximately 450 gram (15 oz). ( drain and rinse)
1 can chopped tomatoes approximately 400 gram ( 14 oz).
2 gloves garlic
2 tsp chilli
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
oil for cooking
salt and pepper
3 tsp lime juice
Serve with ( optional)
avocado (1/2 avocado per person).
- Heat oil in a pot over medium-high heat. Add sweet potato and onion and cook, stirring often, until the onion is beginning to soften, about 4 minutes.
- Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, cinnamon and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds.
- Add chopped tomatoes, black beans and bring to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until the sweet potato is tender for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Add the lime juice and remove the pot from heat.
- Top with avocado and coriander before serving!
I hope all of you love this simple chili! If you try it, please comment below or take a picture and tag it #foodbycamilla on Instagram! Thank you 🙂