I was surprised when I found out that I haven’t shared this salad recipe before – as it is becoming a staple dish of mine. This salad starts with roasting the sweet potatoes. This is my favorite method for cooking sweet potato- chopping it into small cubes, season it with a variety of species and roasting the sweet potatoes until they become slightly caramelized. Roasting instead of boiling the sweet potatoes gives it such as rich and smoky flavor.I also know that many of you also love sweet potato, as some of my most popular recipes have sweet potatoes in them. The roasted sweet potatoes are then tossed with kale, avocado, pomegranate and quinoa. The pomegranate seeds and kale gives such a nice crunch to the salad. This salad is nutritious and delicious. I know I have a great salad recipe when I am excited to eat it day after day. You can serve this salad warm or at room temperature it is great both ways.
The sweet potatoes:
2 sweet potatoes.
1 1/2 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
2/3 cup quinoa
a bunch of kale
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place sweet potato chunks into a large bowl and toss with oil, paprika and cumin.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until tender and golden, flipping once.
- While the potatoes are roasting, cook the quinoa.Cook for about 15 minutes or until the grain unwrap itself.
- Put the kale in the bowl and marinate with oil.
- Peel and chop the avocado and pomegranate.
- In a bowl add the sweet potatoes, quinoa, pomegranate & kale.
- Gently stir in avocado and add sea salt and ground pepper to taste. Can be eaten cold or at room temperature.
- Add a splash of extra lemon juice before serving.
- Serve enjoy!