At first, I had a hard time getting my mind around the concept of zucchini bread. But the first time I tried zucchini bread I was sold. Grated zucchini mixed with batter brings such moist and delicious bread. Plus the zucchini adds plenty of Vitamin C, B and fiber. This is a gluten-free zucchini bread recipe, packed with fresh zucchini and warm species such as cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg. This bread is easy to whip up ( you don’t need a mixer) and is on the healthier spectrum of zucchini breads. The bread is only sweetened with banana and honey. Butter is replaced with coconut oil. I like to have mine toasted for a snack with my tea but add a little cream cheese frosting and it would make a perfect dessert as well.If you need some more zucchini ideas don’t forget to check out my zucchini fritters and zucchini pasta with mushrooms, butternut squash and cherry tomatoes.
Ingredients: ( one tea loaf)
1 cup rolled oats.
1 cup buckwheat
½ cup walnuts
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamom
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 zuccuini ( around 400 gram).
2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp psyllium husk
- Preheat oven to 160 degress celsius.
- Grate the zucchini. Place the zucchini in a kitchen towl to drain any excess moisture.
- In a large bowl, vigorously whisk together the rolled oats, buckwheat baking powder, cinnamon, cardamom and ground nutmeg.
- Chop the walnuts and add it to the bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, coconut oil, mashed banana, spices, psyllium, salt and honey. Stir in the drained grated zucchini.
- Add dry ingredients to wet. Stir well to everything is well combined.
- Line a loaf pan, pour in the batter and bake for 45-60 min, until a pin comes out clean.
- Set a side to cool completely.