On busy mornings I usually have yogurt with granola and fresh berries. Homemade granola can be a healthy and delicious treat. Most of the store- made granola is usually high in sugar and contains unhealthy oils.The advantage of making your own granola is that you know exactly what’s in it and you can add you favourite ingredients. This granola is made with oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseeds and your favourite nuts and fruits. The granola is naturally sweetened with coconut flakes and honey or maple syrup. I usually make a large batch granola this to last throughout the week . This recipe yield a large batch of granola ( about 6 cups). Serve with yogurt or nut milk and fresh fruit or berries.
2 cups rolled oats ( gluten free if gluten intolerant).
1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup nuts ( mix of different kinds of nuts, etc hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut ( unsweeted).
1/2 cup of dried fruit ( goji berries, apricots, raisins, mulberries, cranberries etc)
1/3 cup flax seeds
1 tsp vanilla powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3 1/2 tbsp coconut oil ( melted) ( or olive oil).
3 tbsp sweeters ( maple or agave syrup).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients expect the dried fruit.
- Spread the granola evenly and place in the oven for about 15- 20 minutes.
- Stir around a fee times to keep it from getting burnt.
- Set the granola to cool down before adding the dried fruits,
- Store the granola is a large glass jar.