Today I want to share the recipe for this wonderfully full flavoured vegetarian curry. Vegetarian or plantbased curries are by no means boring – they are flavorful and there are so many different kinds. I made this yellow curry to my family over easter and it was a big success.This curry is with sweet potato, carrot green and beans and a fragrant coconut sauce. This vegetarian curry hits all the right notes it’s hearty, loaded with vegetables and ready in under 30 minutes.To make a good plantbased curry or any kind of curry for that matter, the right spices and key ingredients such as lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves are essential. Serve this curry with rice/ quinoa or side of naan. Garnish the curry with fresh herbs ( parley or coriander)
P.s for behind the scene follow me on instagram.
1/2 yellow onion
2 gloves garlic
1 large sweet potato
150 gram green beans ( halved).
3 medium carrots ( chopped)
1 can coconut milk ( 400 ml)
1 cup vegetable broth ( 240 ml).
2 tsp yellow curry paste
1/2 tsp curry powder
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp fresh grated ginger
4 kaffir lime leaves
rice or quinoa
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic cook for until soft, for about 5 minutes. Add the yellow curry paste, curry powder, cumin and salt and pepper.
- Add the ginger, carrot and sweet potatoes and stir for a few minutes.
- Pour in the coconut milk and vegetable broth and add the kaffir lime leaves
- Bring to boil and let slimmer for about 20 minutes or until the carrots and sweet potato are tender.
- Add the green beans and cook for about 5 minutes or until the beans are tender.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, adding more spice or salt and pepper to balance the flavors to your liking.
- Serve with rice or quinoa and garnish with fresh herbs e.g fresh cilantro.