The recipe I wanted to share today is bliss ball! Bliss balls or energy balls are so easy to whip up, there is no lengthy preparation time or cooking involved. Bliss balls are simply raw balls usually made up of mainly dates and nuts.I used a combination of coconut, almonds, oats, dates and cacao powder as the base and rolled them in some more coconut. These makes a delicious guilt- free delicious snack. Bliss balls are amazing to pop in your lunchbox and will easily satisfy sweet cravings. These are brilliant to make in the beginning of the week, store them in the fridge, and you have a healthy snack available all week long.
Ingredients: ( makes about 12 bliss balls).
1/2 cup / 75 gram almonds
1/2 cup / 45 gram oats
1/4 cup / 25 gram desiccated coconut, unsweetend
8 medjool dates
1 tsp coconut oil
1 tbsp heaped raw cacao powder
1 tsp water (if necessary).
- Place all the ingredients (except for the dates) in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Add the dates one by one.
- With your hands roll the mixture into small balls.
- Then pour some coconut on a plate roll the balls in it.
- Place the balls on a plate and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving
P.S! Feel free to experience with different topping such as raw cocoa powder, finely chopped nuts or rolled oats.