The recipe I want to share today is frittata muffins. Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette or crustless quiche.Frittata muffins are pretty easy to make. You just will up the muffin cups with eggs, milk and whatever vegetable and cheese you prefer. Frittata is one of those recipes that you can hardly call as recipe, as you can use what you have one hand ( although there is a specific ration eggs to vegetables). In this recipe I used sautéed spinach, dried tomatoes and goat cheese frittata muffins. These turned out even better than I expected.
Frittata muffins makes the perfect dish to bring along to a picnic , since they are just as good warm as they are cold. Making frittata muffins requires much the same effort as making an omelette or scrambled eggs, but somehow the end result look fancier.I have just been making frittata muffins for the past few months and they are quickly becoming one of a favourite breakfast or side dish. I would recommend serving these with a salad and smoked salmon.
( makes 6 frittata muffins).
1/4 cup/ 0.6 dl milk
1 glove garlic
60 gram spinach ( roughly chopped).
35 gram sun dried tomatoes ( chopped)
50 gram goat cheese
1 small handful fresh parsley
oil for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C/ 350 °F.
- Grease a skillet with 6 muffin tins.
- Heat oils oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic, scalliots, spinach and salt and pepper. Cook for a few mints until the spinach is just wilted and set aside to cool.
- In a bowl, which the eggs and milk. Add the cooked spinach, parsley, sun dried, tomatoes and goat cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15-18 minutes or until the egg mixture is just set.
- Ready to serve.
- Serve warm or cold ( personally I prefer them cold).
NB! These can with advantage be made the day before, as they are even better the next day.
I hope everybody is having a beautiful week!