Foodbycamilla turned last 1 year this weekend!! During this year I have posted 54 recipe. I must say that I am pretty happy with every single on of them.The recipe I want to share to today, is greek salad with a twist.I was fortunate enough to go to the beautiful island of Mykonos in Greek last summer, and ate heaps of greek salads. I also ate so really delicious watermelon salads with feta and mint leaves.You might think that adding watermelon to greek salad wouldn’t work, but I would definitely recommend giving it a go. Watermelon is with no doubt, the fruit of summer. This salad includes watermelon, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, kalamata olives and creamy feta cheese and mint leaves.This greek salad with watermelon is perfect for summer.This salad is so delicious and help you stay hydrated on warm summer days. Serve this salad with bread and condiments such as tzaksiki or hummus.
( mykonos last summer).
Ingredients: ( serves 4).
2 cups watermelon
3 medium tomatoes
1/2 red onion
25 kalamata olives
180 gram feta cheese
a large handful fresh mint leaves.
- Remove the rind and seeds from the watermelon and cut into triangular chunks.
- Chop the cucumber, red onion tomatoes and place into a large bowl.
- Cut the feta cheese ion small cubes and place in bowl with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the chopped mint leaves and the kalamata olives and set aside.
- season with olive oil and lemon juice.