I just came back from a few days of hiking in the mountains. It was lovely to get away from everyday life for a few days. Being out in nature brings me peace and a sense of well being. We went to Jotunheimen National Park, which is a few hour drive from Oslo. One of the days we hiked the Besseggen ridge, which is one of Norway’s best know and most spectacular mountain walks. My kitchen have been quite for the past few days, so I’m sharing a cookie recipe I made some time back. These oat & hazelnut chocolate chip cookies are made with oats, hazelnuts, egg, coconut oil and chocolate. They are naturally sweetened with banana and honey. These oats cookies are crispy on the outside and soft and chewy on the inside, just the way I like it. These cookies are sweet, but not too sweet. These cookies are perfect to pop in your lunch box or for mid- afternoon tea. They are best on the day they are made,but you can store them in an airtight container for a few days.
( makes about 10 cookies).
1 1/2 cup/ 150 gram rolled oats
1/2 cup hazelnuts
3 tbsp coconut oil / butter
1 tbsp honey
1/2 tsp baking powder
50 gram chocolate chip/ dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C.
- Place the hazelnuts and oats in a food processor and blend until the nuts and oats become the consistency of flour.
- In a large bowl, combined mashed banana with the hazelnut / oat flour until smoothie.
- Add in the egg, coconut oil, honey, baking powder and chocolate chip.
- Use a non- stick baking sheet or spray baking sheet with non- stick spray.
- Drop dough onto the baking sheet, flatten with a spatula.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Remove from the oven and cool on wire rack.
- Store the cookies in an airtight container for a few days.