I still remember the first time I tried homemade pesto. A friend of my parents brought homemade pesto to a dinner party. It was so fresh and busting with flavor. Unfortunately, ever since store bough pesto have always seemed like an easier option. This is such a sham since homemade pesto is much better than any store bough pesto. This is a classic, green pesto recipe with basil leaves, pine nuts, parmesan cheese, garlic and olive oil.
This pesto is perfect tossed with pasta and as a flavour full spread on pizza and sandwiches.
60 gram fresh basil
1/3 cup/ 80 ml olive oil
40 gram Parmesan cheese
30 gram pine nuts
1 clove garlic
1) Heat a small frying pan over a low heat. Cook the pine nuts until golden, shaking occasionally.
2) add the garlic, basil leaves and salt to a food processor and pulse.
3)Add the pine nuts and pulse again.
4) turn out into a bowl and add half of the Parmesan.
5)Stir gently and add the olive oil.
6) Season to taste and add in the remaining cheese.
7) Add more cheese or olive oil until you are until you have achieved the desired consistency.
8) Pour the pesto into a jar, seal and store in the fridge.