I’ve made this pasta salad countless times, before I even thought of posting it here.In Norway we traditionally eat “brødmat” directly translated to ” bread food” for breakfast, lunch and sometimes as a evening snack.This involves eating bread with toppings everyday, sometimes several times a day. I’ve never been a fan of traditional ” brødmat”. Many of colleagues and friends tend to get food envy, as I most of the time bring packed salads or other leftovers for lunch. This salad is the perfect packable lunch, that won’t spoil if it sits out for awhile. This salad is heavy on the vegetables, it is packed with tomatoes, cucumber, olives, sun dried tomatoes and other good things. This healthy and flavourful pasta salad takes only 15 minutes to make. I recommend to make a big batch of this salad and eat it for lunch a few days in a row.
( serves 4).
300 gram pasta
170 gram yellow cherry tomatoes
170 gram red cherry tomatoes
30 grams pinenuts ( roasted).
4 sun dried tomatoes
100 gram ruccula or salad mix
1/4 red onion
A large handful kalamata or black olives (pitted).
2-3 tbsp green pesto ( recipe for homemade pesto here).
A handful fresh basil leaves
- Bring a large pan of salted water to boil. Throw in the pasta, boil until al dente, drain and run under cold water.
- Put the pasta in a bowl.
- Toss the pasta with green pesto.
- Chop the tomato, cucumber, red onion, basil, sun dried tomatoes add to a bowl.
- Add the salad mix and pitted olives.
- Roast the pinenuts.
- Sprinkle with the salad with roasted pine nuts and chill for 15 minutes.
- The salad can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.